Reporting to the Head of GBV/SRH Program, the GBV/SRH program Advisor provides broad support to the program design, implementation, monitoring and follow up of NCAís GBV/SRH Program with wide range of Norwegian government and UN agencies supported projects in six regions of Ethiopia by NCA and its local civil society and faith-based organizations. The post requires an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who has knowledge on prevention, protection and provision of GBV, Sexual and reproductive health and harmful practices programming in both humanitarian and development settings. Proven experience on gender equality, women empowerment, and gender-based violence as well as advocacy on womenís rights issues, partnership and networking are also key to the post. The Program Advisor will be required to work closely with other thematic programs, finance and operation teams, communication, PMER, local implementing partners and other key stakeholders including government structures. Moreover, the post holder requires competency in strong partnership management skills. The post holder will need to deliver effective, highly competent project support and is expected to consistently deliver in a person-centered environment, which promotes positive relationships. The advisor must ensure timely and cost-effective implementation of program activities, supports the program / project development, as well as reporting, monitoring and implementation of plans, advocacy, and creating strategic linkages with other likeminded organizations. He/she will oversee budgeting, documentation, partner relations, and knowledge management. The program advisor is also expected to build the capacity of NCA staff and other implementing partners on GBV/SRH
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Project management and implementation
- Develops project proposals, concept notes, work plans, monitoring plans, and compile progress reports implementing partners, donor plans and reports programme in collaboration with relevant team.
- Provide management and oversight to support implementing partners for the different projects and ensure timely delivery of progress reports and adequate implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate the implementation of the different Norad and UN supported projects and report on progress in accordance with the programme design and log-frame.
- Develop GBV/SRH program budgets, budget modifications and monitor program expenditures to ensure activities are implemented within budgetary guidelines.
- Jointly with implementing partners facilitate project planning meetings and prepare operational plans and procurement plans.
- Compile donor compliance requirements and NCA financial and other policies and procedures and share to implementing partners to ensure implementation of activities as per grant requirements.
- Provide feedback on project proposal submitted by partners, contribute to project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs, and activities are delivered on time and as per the planned budget.
- Coordinate partner project plan appraisal facilitates project agreements and budget transfers to partners. Partnership, Networking, Advocacy and Coordination.
- Advise the GBV\SRH department in fundraising actions and donor mapping exercise.
- Support other programs of NCA such as humanitarian program, peace building in need assessment and other programs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and program reviews activities.
- Establish strong, working, and positive relationship with partners and other stakeholders through effective communication.
- Regularly assesses partnerís capacity building plans of NCA implementing partnerís implementation with other team members.
- Organize periodic review meetings with partners and stakeholders to discuss on planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects.
- Organize experience sharing events with implementing partners and other stakeholders; manage logistic arrangements, and event coordination.
- Represent NCA and the program externally in meetings, advocacy workshops, experience sharing events and seminars.
- Document proceeding reports from events, trainings, and workshops. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting.
- Conduct frequent field visits and monitor project implementation progress and identify and address implementation challenges in collaboration with GBV/SRH program team and NCA country team.
- Review partners reports and provide feedback and compile periodic quality and timely reports for donors especially UN supported projects.
- Document and disseminate project results, including preparation and submission of best practices, and prepare quality presentations to relevant actors including donors.
- Ensure all GBV\SRH partnership agreements are singed, and relevant documents are uploaded in NCA online systems 360/PIMS.
- Participate in baseline, midline and end line evaluations and other research programs of the different projects
- Lead the development of success stories and documentation of best practices of different projects especially UN supported projects.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate and within the post holders capabilities.
- Masters / First degree in Gender Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology with wide range of hands-on experience in managing Gender Based Violence and Harmful practices (FGM and Child marriage) projects.
- At least 5 / 7 years of project management (project design, implementation, reporting writing in the mentioned thematic areas)
- Proven experience on gender equality, women empowerment and gender-based violence as well as womenís rights issues
- Demonstrated experience working with government stakeholders, implementing partners, faith-based organizations and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in grant management skill of donor funded projects, such as UN agencies, and other institutional donors
- Proven experience on strong report compilation, report writing, budget preparation, expenditure tracking and overall grant management skill,
- Demonstrated experience in working in teams, as well as, working independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience in managing diverse partner projects and or in consortium with other organizations, coordination of implementing partnerís projects management and positive relation building.
- Experience working in the UN system and managing faith-based organizations projects.
- Organize and coordinate networking, experience sharing and advocacy events including representing NCA in key relevant external meetings, at times high-level donor meetings.
Required skills & abilities:
- Very good knowledge of the policy and strategies related to Gender, harmful practices and other key development areas.
- English writing and communication proficiency, and report writing.
- Strong organization skills, dynamic, flexible, proactive, coachable, disciplined and excellent interpersonal skills,
- Professionalism, accountability, problem solving, ability to give positive feedback to partner reports and challenges encountered;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Other virtual skills for managing communications, and project monitoring.
Area of Specialization/Focus: Addressing Gender Based Violence (GBV), Harmful Practices FGM and Child marriage, Sexual Reproductive Health (in both development, and humanitarian setting, in an integrated manner)
Reporting to: GBV/SRH Program Head
Duty Station: Based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the field
Length of Contract: One year (with possibility of extension)
Salary: Ranges from 43 - 48 K (ETB) based on income history & profile
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are required to send their application, CV and other supportive documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting Date 15th November 2020.
- Closing date 24th November 2020.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone/email.
- NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
- Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.