Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children`s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Healthy Village Project Coordinator for Amhara Program Area, based in Bahir Dar who will be reporting to the Healthy Village Project Manager.
Dimensions of the Role
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget list of direct and indirect reports.
The post holder will have responsibility for the planning, management, operation, coordination and regular monitoring of Healthy Village project to be implemented in Amhara PA (Meket, Seqota, & Lay Gayint districts) & Ofla from Tigray Region and support these integrated WASH, Food and Nutrition Security Project to ensure smooth implementation of the project`s activities including implementation, monitoring and evaluation and manage the budget at the PA level.
- Prepare annual budget and physical plans and lead/ensure implementation as defined in the project proposals and within plan International Ethiopia financial regulations for aforementioned projects.
- Provided strategic support and leadership to project staff at the PA under his supervision for smooth implementation of project activities.
- Manage and ensure that project activities are implemented according to the FADs.
- Prepare and summit physical, financial and narrative report to the donors as specified in the grant agreement and participate in preparing corporates quarter and annual reports.
- Organize and particulate at international and national forums/meetings/workshops and networks of the projects when relevant.
- Contribute to the development of WASH concept notes and proposals for additional funding opportunities.
- Facilitate capacity building activities to stakeholders to support project implementation.
- Liaise with different stakeholders document project activities and share lessons to stakeholders at national and international levels.
- Lead and ensure project implementation according to the plan.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources, including review and check project budgets, monitoring expenditures. And implementing cos control measures.
- Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with in M&E team.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of CP, inclusion and DRR in the project.
- Communicate with the Country office team regarding project implementation.
- Facilitate stakeholder at PA level to contribute to the promotion of the project.
- Include child right issues when project agreements are signed with individuals/firms and Plan etc. and facilitate the participation of children in project activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role`s Objectives:
Education, Qualification and Knowledge.
- Master`s Degree in Engineering, Public Health, development, social studies or related disciplines.
- 5 years of work experience for master`s degree and 7years of experience for Bachelor with considerable experience in managing multidimensional projects on WASH, Food Security, nutrition, Climate Resilient Agriculture.
- Awareness of integrated WASH, Food and Nutrition intervention approach plus environmental health issues with special with attention to the needs of women and children
- Experience of managing large scale integrated WASH, Food & Nutrition projects implementation and working in partnership
- Experience in conducting field level assessments for water schemes study
- Experience in capacity building of partners and staff.
- Experience of linking WASH interventions with health and nutrition projects.
- Demonstrated experiences of KAP assessments design and analysis.
- General finance, administration, information management and proficiency in information technology/computer skill.
- Strong proposal writing, planning and programme designing and also coordinating skills
- Ability to deliver quality programs in a short term and work under stressful conditions.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods in a field setting
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is April 05, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit their application Through Here.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org